June 15, 2008

Decanting! Reviewing! Sampling!

Firstly, I will soon be entering the wonderful world of decanting! I've been so impressed by other who do this and sell their fragrances they have that I just had to try it out myself. Of course, I'll be doing it as not-for-profit as I can but I'd like to see how it goes first. I'll be offering 2, 2.5, 5 and 10ml sprays in plastic and/or glass sprays for reasonable prices AKA at my cost. I have a lot of "strange" stuff to offer and I don't know where exactly I'm allowed to sell them but I'll try. It sounds fun! I'll post a link to a list some time soon.

Secondly, I'd like to post more reviews and thoughts here but I've been using the Basenotes review System too much and have been posting reviews of all the samples I've tried there. According to Basenotes, I have submitted over 200 reviews. I'm not that great of a writer and most of them are short and to the point but they are there. If a fragrance intrigues me (or upsets me) enough I'd probably write more or make note of other external things.

For instance, I emailed Ormonde Jayne about Isfarkand and they sent me a spray sample along with Ormonde Man. That was really cool. Customer service is a HUGE plus for me. If you treat me like I'm either your only customer or as a new customer who actually genuinely interested (which I am) then I'll treat you kindly right back; just like with Penhaligons' which incidentally is also a Brist fragrance house/designer/ I even liked Isfarkand so much I'm thinking about getting a bottle (I need cash first! The dollar sucks!). Also I've been spending money on another hobby: wine, which is fascinating as well but that's a whole other story (which my sense of smell helps a lot).

No comments: