January 9, 2008

Bvlgari pour Homme

Through the various means in which I have obtained samples, I somehow deemed it necessary to get two samples of Bvlgari pour Homme. I received a 1ml sampler spray vial from Fragrancenet.com and a 2.5ml decant from a seller on SomethingAwful.com (DrBubba, great guy).

This is the first Bvlgari fragrance I've tried. I can recognize the fact that it's well composed. I don't like this because it gave me a massive headache. After reading reviews on Basenotes.net, I learned I'm not the only one. Though I cannot figure out which note in the fragrance could induce such unpleasantness. It also made me very hot. I definitely must have had an allergic reaction.

For the record, I will assume that the predominant pepper note is the culprit. It made everyone around me sneeze. I applied it conservatively; one spritz one the chest, neck and wrists. Maybe that was too much. I tested it on a card before trying it out and I didn't notice any pepper.

It was unusually warm for January today, almost 60 degrees. I could see this fragrance being better in colder weather, but I'm reserving some Burberry London for that. It's winter so I should have plenty of cold weather opportunities.

No comments: