January 9, 2008

From the Begining

I've dove head first into the world of men' fragrances. Ten years ago I only had a very small sampling of scents and those were given to me as gifts. I was never really interested in them. The only precursor to fragrances was my parents: father used Old Spice shaving stuff, mother exclusively used Beautiful by Estee Lauder. Even my friends never wore colognes nor did my girlfriends. The only distinctive scent with emotional attachment (other than food) from my youth is Tide detergent.

From what I remember, my first "designer" after shave was Brut. I also had Stetson but I barely remember the scents nor have I tried them since. What I do remember is ck One and smelling it takes me back to junior high school. Drakkar Noir takes me back to high school prom (both of them), all the jocks wore that cologne.

In the course of a month, I've created a large wardrobe of sample vials and decants to try. I've had a few I really like but none really say, "I am your scent. I am for you!"

I wish to share my experiences of men's fragrances in a newbie perspective for both veterans and other newbies alike.