January 22, 2008

A Few - Nothing of Major Note

Yesterday for work I wore Penhaligon's Douro. For the evening's dinner out and the yearly tradition of going to Home Depot and eating a steak dinner out (father died on Jan. 21st), Rive Gauche.

Today I used the rest of L'eau Par Kenzo, realized I didn't want to wear it again, promply washed it off and wore Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. Strong woodsy fragrance which makes me want to try some Terre D'Hermes. For the evening I randomly pulled out of my 2.5ml decant drawer some Tabarome Millesime by Creed.

Tabarome is one I'll comment on. I felt rather repulsed by it. It's very sharp and the tobacco (I think it's tobacco) really pushes you away. It's very heavy but does settle down after a while. though the lightness afterwards doesn't bring me back in. It pushes me away and doesn't bring me back not do I want to go back. It's a well rounded fragrance but I don't like it.

Here's an odd thing I've been doing. I have problems sleeping most nights. I have a scent that is mostly lavender and I read somewhere that lavender is a relaxing scent. I've been spritzing some around my bed, not on/in it but around. I've been sleeping a little better. I really like the scent. The kicker is that it's a drug store "cheapo", only $20 a bottle. The culprit is a new release (last year I think) called Mustang complete with the Ford Mustang logo and a nice tin. It's gotten mixed reviews but mostly positive. It's only sold in cologne so no EDT.

No comments: