January 15, 2008

Penhaligon's Customer Service

I requested samples from Penhaligon's on Friday at 5PM EST (they are in NJ) when everyone usually is trying to go home or wrap up things for the weekend. My experience has told me that it's generally a bad idea to call places around that time because the boss is already gone, people are anxious to leave or some other single-minded reason because they just don't want to be there. I suppose I should shed my old stereotype of crank Friday afternoon workers.

As I said before, when I called the lady one the other end was more than happy to send me some samples. I got these today. I got 8 different kinds, all men's, a few unisex and more than one of my favorites. Once I can spring the cash (and a good reason to sue a British fragrance), I'll gladly purchase a bottle of Endymion. I'll still have to sample the others but it looks like I'll get small bottles of English Fern, Douro or Hammam Bouquet.

Quick comments:

English Fern is clean. Unisex.
Douro is a lovely neroli scent.
Quercus smells just like ck One and is the most modern of the fragrances from Penhaligon's. This one is also unisex.
Hammam Bouquet is a powdery floral uniquely British.
Castile is a rose scent.
Blenheim Bouquet is spicy. (I don't like this one)
Racquets is good for golfing and tennis: the 'uppity' sports.
Endymion, my favorite, is an excellent powdery fragrance with lavender and vetiver.

No comments: